Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

SLM's Weekend Update (not SNL:)

I’ve managed to crawl my way through my first week back in training. I was ready to go…I was the first one in the pool on Tuesday morning for swim practice. I was shoving my friends out the door to go biking and play Ultimate Frisbee. Sometimes I think I might have been a bit too anxious...
Like when I starting doing my run workouts before I got my custom inserts made…and I hurt my calf. Or like when I went screaming down the gravel trail on my mountain bike and WIPED OUT on my elbow and hip. Or when I was grabbing my running jacket out of the closet and my iron fell right on one of my little toes:)!
But I’ve had a great time swimming, biking, running, yoga-ing, mountain biking, Frisbee-ing, bowling, dancing, etc! Last night was a big party night…I went to a very fancy restaurant with a big group of friends and ordered WILD BOAR and BISON for dinner! I was very daring and I was very pleased with my choices…the wild boar was some of the best meat I’ve ever had! Jasmine ordered the caribou, Cliff had the antelope, Sam ate the ostrich…one day I might get that daring, but my choices were good for now:)!
After dinner we went to some pubs and bars just to hang out and chat. Of course we ended up at the Ritz again for dancing to the live band…my favorite part of the night! Oh yeah, and we kept the tradition of Denny’s at 3am alive with some flapjacks, eggs, and bacon!
As a result, I slept in until noon today…good thing it was a day off from training! I did some bike maintenance and room cleaning before Jasmine and I headed out in the freezing rain to purchase ingredients for dinner. We went to Jessica and Lucas’ place to cook them dinner and dessert (I was in charge of dinner…Jasmine made Nutella filled won-tons with banana topping, yummy!). I downloaded some of Rachel Ray’s 30 minute meals and chose the mini Hawaiian Pizzas for an appetizer…followed by the Apricot Chicken and Blue Cheese Salad as a main course. All items were well praised by my friends and I thought the chicken was some of the best stuff I’ve ever cooked!!
Tomorrow it’s back to training (even if there might be some SNOW on the ground). I’ve also got to start getting prepared for the Grams-Margalis WEDDING on Saturday…I’ll be flying from COS into Orlando on Thursday for the weekend. Friday will be completely filled with a fun and relaxing Bachelor-ette adventures before the beach-wedding on Saturday. Early Congratulations sent out to my girl Beth and her fiancée Robert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home