Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Break Time

Now I’m back in COS…arrived on Monday night. This week has progressed a LOT like last week…very adventurous and fun…I’ve been doing those things that I never manage to find time for during the training and racing season. Hikes, Frisbee games, mountain bike rides, shopping, late nights with friend, etc.
I’ve been in the pool a few times because this weekend is the Tiburon Mile open water swim in the San Fran. Bay. The Angel Cam web page is a web camera that takes a photo every 30 seconds of the Angel Island Ayala cove. This is where the race starts…on Sunday morning at 8:00am there will be 800 swimmers in bathing suits and wetsuits lined up on the beach waiting for the gun to fire so they can all run at full speed into the 55 degree water!! I’ll be one of those 800 people…hopefully near the front:)!!
Tomorrow morning (after a well-deserved ‘sleep-in’) I’ve got a date with one of the Sport’s Medicine Trainers to form some new running-shoe inserts. Unfortunately, my painful shin splits have returned to haunt me at the end of this season. I’ve already been to Boulder Running Company for new shoes in preparation for getting back into training…when I get my inserts, running should start being fun again!
Afterwards, I’ve got a date with Jasmine for a mountain bike ride! I haven’t been out on my bike in 10 months…ever since I cracked the rear wheel on a bad curb jump…and now I’ve got new wheels so I can ride smoothly. The weather has been AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, CRISP, FALL-ish…you choose your adjective! I absolutely LOVE it here…after re-experiencing Florida heat and humidity last weekend…it’s so fun to watch the leaves change color and the snow start to build up on Pikes Peak out my window!
I finally got time to drive to one of the local ski stores to purchase my season pass to the Big Five mountains…Breckenridge, Vail, Arapahoe Basin, Copper, and Keystone. It’s got my picture on the front and everything! They even had an option to connect my credit card to the lift pass so I don’t even have to carry cash or a credit card, I can just swipe my lift pass while I’m on the mountain…could be bad news:)!
The outdoor pool at the OTC has finally been re-opened. They just spent a few months re-do and re-building the pool…just in time for WINTER, I know…but we’ve got a few days where the sun is still shinning and the air is warm enough to swim outside. I did a 3000yard workout today with the sun shinning bright. I took a moment to reflect on my beautiful surroundings as I was walking across the parking lot back to my room in a towel and wet bathing suit…and there was SNOW on the mountains in the distance…not something this Florida Girl is accustomed to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home