Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

I forgot again…I wanted to organize a Trick-or-Treat day at the OTC where kids can come and trick-or-treat at our rooms. But I totally forgot about it until it was too late to organize. Maybe I’ll write this down and remember it for next year.
Umm…two resident modern pentathletes just came ‘trick-or-treating’ to my door…dressed as Romans with nothing but bed sheets on! Too bad I don’t have any candy in my room, it was pretty funny:)
Back to my train of thought that was interrupted…it’s another COLD Halloween here in COS. I’ve heard that for the past three years there has been an ICE storm on Halloween night. I don’t see any ice out the window but I can tell you that I dropped into the 20’s today as the sun went down! I was in the Gym doing my run on the treadmills…then I had to walk to the Sports Med building in my sweaty clothes (I almost froze)…and then after my ice-bath in Sports Med, I walked back to my room (I actually DID freeze that time)! Nothing a warm shower and a hot chocolate after dinner can’t fix:).
The last three triathlon races of the year are finally approaching. The Cancun World Cup and the Treasure Island races are this weekend. I was going to race in Cancun…until I realized that I was burnt-out of racing in ’06. This is the second year in a row where I’ve had Cancun on my schedule and haven’t raced. Anyone remember the hurricane that practically whipped Cancun off the map last year? That was the weekend before the World Cup…so it was canceled in ’05.
Maybe I’ll make it down there in ’07…we shall see. I’ve started mapping out the major races in the world for ’07. USAT is creating a training camp in Australia at the beginning of next year. I’ll probably be training and racing ‘Down Under’ for some of February, all of March, and some of April. The first World Cup of ’07 is in Mooloolaba (AUS) in March…along with some fun SPRINT triathlons that I love to compete in. The camp will end a few days before the second World Cup in Japan so that we can just stop in Ishigaki on the way home!
Other than the ever-changing World Cup schedule…I’ve got the dates for St. Anthony’s in Tampa, FL and I’ve already got a home-stay set up! That’s because Beth and Robert MARGALIS are living in a nice townhouse right down the road from the start and they have invited me to stay with them for the last weekend in April. Speaking of Beth…she just e-mailed me with BIG news…last week she received the first PAY CHECK of her life!! Congrats babe!
The Escape from Alcatraz is on June 3rd…I wouldn’t think of missing that race…after hating it (with a passion) after my race in ’05, I love it after my race in ’06! What a difference moving up 8 places and dropping 8 minutes on the run can do for your opinion of something:).
I’m currently uploading photos and video from our Halloween party…keep posted for a very hilarious video of my teammates Mike and Tim. They were Derek Zoolander and Hansel from the movie Zoolander. I videoed their “Walk Off” in the cafeteria for the OTC Costume Contest (big surprise…they WON)!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didn't mention July 29, 2007 as part of your 2007 schedule. you've got a homestay and there's ice cream in the fridge. done and done. ;)

9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home