Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

BLIZZARD TIME!!!

This is my first blog from inside the Raven’s Nest. The Raven’s Nest is the neighborhood coffee shop that is exactly one mile from my room at the training center. I blame Jasmine and Tim for getting me hooked on this place, but it’s so friendly and they’ve got good drinks, and free wireless.
I’m in the Raven’s Nest right now because at 4am this morning, a really big blizzard hit Colorado Springs and there is about 8-10 inches of snow EVERYWHERE! Tree branches are breaking, power is going out, cars are sliding, and snowball fights are going strong!
We all made it too swimming this morning and all the way through a really easy practice (caped off with a water polo game…which I opted out of because my shoulder is really sore). After breakfast, I spent a little recovery time in my room before heading down to the gym for a treadmill run (the only running option was on a treadmill because the blizzard is still going strong outside). I was just finished with my first effort after warming up…when suddenly…the power goes OUT!! Talk about a treadmill stopping VERY fast…I almost ate it:)! I waited about 30 minutes in the gym for the power to come back on…no luck…so I did a few minutes of strength and then headed back to the main building for lunch.
Instead of trying the run again when the power came back on…I dressed up in my snow ski gear and boots to walk with Jasmine, Mike, and John to the Raven’s Nest. The first half of the walk was pretty much a guys-vs-girls snowball fight! It was a treat to walk into the warm café, order a yummy drink, and sit and relax with friends while our clothes dry and we warm back up. Sam, Alan, and Hillary (OTC mountain bikers) stopped by the “Nest” as well and they are trying to convince us to join them for some “behind-the-car-sledding.”
Unfortunately, the way my luck has been lately when I’m participating in extra-curricular-activities…I’m going to skip out on the sledding and enjoy a nice walk back to the OTC!
By-the-way…I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY would like to have a new digital camera so that I can take some photos of the beautiful scenery with lots of snow!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home