Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Post Number 599

I've got BBC on TV (my favorite TV channel, I wish it came in on my TV in Colorado)...my laundry is drying all over my room (they have washing machines here, but no driers)...the air-conditioner is cranking out cold air (dang, this island is HOT)...my blinds are closed (the rain has finally stopped and the sun is shinning but I am ready for a nap).
Anyways, we had a busy morning here in Jeju. Breakfast in the morning before heading out for a killer bike ride. Cliff, Haskins, Nate, and I did some big hill repeats right outside the training center. This area is so hilly that even our warm-up was straight up and straigh down. Just cycling out of the Training Center is so steep that I was pretty anarobic before I got to the main road.
After the 2+ hour bike session, I attempted an ice bath but there is only so much you can do in a big spa and 3 small bags of ice. Once I climbed in, the temperature just warmed up and wasn't doing much for my exhaused muscles. Lunch was already laid out in the dinning room so we all grabbed some munchies before packing for the beach.
At noon, we drove about 15 down the road to a public beach. The water was crystal clear and it was a perfect, cool temperature. We swam up and back along the beach a few times...nice and easy...today was a recovery day so we played in the waves at the end.
the way back from the beach we stopped at the E-Mart again for a few personal supplies. I needed another towel (mine isn't drying fast enough between swiming and showering) and I grabbed two huge bottles of Gatorade to help with the re-hydrating process.
After an early dinner tonight, we are going to hop in the vans and go down to a tourist-y town along the shore and do some shopping (that is, if we can find an ATM that will give us some Korean Won)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home