Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hopes UP, Hopes DOWN

I have been on a roller coaster of emotions this week. The process of buying a home is pretty complicated (as I'm sure some people are well aware) but when you try to do it all in a rush...that is just absolute madness!
I'm not sure if this is exactly the way I wanted my first home-buying experience to be like. In my mind, there was a long period of steady searching, some time for picking and choosing, and then a nice steady and calm period of time where I sucked up the courage to make an offer and go through the month-long closing process (which in 'real estate' speak means BUYING IT!).
Instead, I have somehow gotten sucked into this amazing opportunity to get a house in less than a month from when I started looking! But, as I mentioned above, it is a slight roller coaster ride.
Originally, today was the day I would find out if my offer was accepted. Well, that got pushed back to Friday. And then I heard that my offer was the first one in line. But instead of meaning that I was almost a shoe-in for acceptance, now I am being told that the bank might be considering other offers behind mine. (They are obviously HIGHER offers than mine...the home is worth twice the asking price!)
And in the meantime of all this nonsense (because to your average 25-year-old, all this home-buying stuff really is nonsense...you are kidding yourself if you think you understand APRs, buy-down-points, multi-offer forms, WDOs, underwriters, blah, blah, blah) I am getting back on track with my day-job...training to be a professional triathlete.
Yes, I know that it might seem like I forget that minor detail every now and then. Sometimes I get caught up in my other job: living my life and having fun!
After my recent illness, I thought I might have gone a step or two backwards in my training and fitness. I am happy to report that Cliff is making sure that does NOT happen! We are right back where we left off early last week...him: evilly grinning as he types out insane workouts into my training schedule (with lightning bolts and thunder in the background to make it look better when we film the movie of my life:); and me: reading those workouts with a look of utter horror (I could do the "Home Alone" face-slapping-scream?!?) but then going out and giving them my best effort, no matter what!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home