Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Boxes


I used all sorts of second-hand boxes to ship my belongings home...there's a box that used to hold Kleenex toilet paper, a box that Rudy Project shipped my helmet and glasses in, another from Speedo, and one huge box that has been preceding me all over the country.
The large rectangular box originated in DeLand when I packed it full of extra clothes and training gear and shipped it to Chula Vista in early 2005. After the Chula camp was over, I packed it up again and shipped it on to COS where it was waiting for me when I moved in. Three years later, after a long time being stored flat underneath my bed, it's back on the road...heading back where it came from!
My shock at the low cost of shipping boxes is still fresh in my mind and after some detailed thoughts, I have decided to box up a few more items and send them via DHL (rather than risk being charged an arm and a leg at the airport on Monday afternoon). Originally, I was going to travel home on Monday with three very full pieces of luggage and hope that the United Check-In desk would be cheaper/easier than mailing. Now, I realize that is NOT going to be the case...especially now that United is charging $100 for a bike box and adds extra for every pound your bag weighs over 50lbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home