Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Dinner: Inhaled

I just finished eating another delicious dinner...cooked from scratch by yours truly. Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE to cook! Tonight's menu consisted of Italian Eggplant Ragout and Jamaican Curried Tempeh Tacos...being a world-traveler, I couldn't stick with just one region of food. I got "mmmmYuummmm" from my Dad with a mouthful of taco and "that smells good" from my Mom because that was about as close to the whole creation that she got.
Personally, I thought I did a terrific job. I really enjoying trying new dishes every day so everything is a new experience. I do a mental pat-on-the-back every time I use an ingredient that I've never cooked with before...tonight I got a pat on the back when I stirred capers into the ragout.
Dinnertime was a bit earlier tonight than usual at the McLarty household because the day started much earlier this morning. Mom and I headed off to swim practice at 6am to train with the masters team in Port Orange. This insane training time is due to the fact that I can no longer afford to drive to swim practice five or six days a week. Gas prices are outrageous, especially in an SUV, and I just can't justify driving by-my-self anymore. So I will be tagging along with my mother as often as possible...instead of watching her go to the pool in the morning and driving myself over in the afternoon (that's not very "Green").
Speaking of driving, my bro came down from Gainesville for a short weekend visit now that his classes are all completed. He's just working on one last class project and going to swim practice. To keep him entertained and occupied my Mom unveiled his graduation present:

Yep, Dustin got a beautiful electric guitar! It came with all the necessary parts for a complete beginner to get started with a guitar: amp, pics, DVD lessons, simple music, guitar strap, stand, case, etc. He took to it right away and had already learned a few chords before he headed back to G-ville.
The three of us (Mom, Dad, me) will be heading up to G-ville ourselves sometime this Friday. I hope to get a dinner reservation at Stonewood Grill for an early dinner before the graduation ceremony starts at 7:30pm. Unfortunately, Stonewood doesn't take reservations for groups under five people (we are four) but they sounded like it might be a possibility to get a table without too much waiting...we shall see!
Hopefully Dustin remembers to go pick up his Cap and Gown before it's too late:). I liked the college cap and gown set-up much more than high school...we had to BUY the stupid things at DHS (someone tell me what you could possibly do with the hideous green thing afterwards?)...fortunately, the company that UF uses just rents the whole shebang and you return it after your ceremony. Of course, you get to purchase and keep your tassel (I think my college, Journalism, was half black and half white) so I wonder what Dustin's will look like.


I thought I would toss in a photo of Momma Kitty who has now staked her claim on the lower half of my bed at night. She seems to love the fact that I toss and turn and kick her every five minutes...she just attacks my feet in return:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home