Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, April 21, 2008

My Favorite Part of Racing:

48 hours after racing and this is what I have to show for my efforts!!
You will more-likely-than-not see me wearing socks in future races...I'm sick of having to deal with this crap! What's another 10 seconds in T2 if I don't have to spend days hobbling around afterwards!?!? Know what I mean?

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Sylvia said...

Oh my goodness!! That looks sooo painful!! I had no idea at the elite level you would experience such bad blisters. I would have thought you guys are somehow immune or so well trained with the greatest gear that you could never succumb to such bad blisters. Wow!! I have a whole new level of respect for you now Sara. I've actually had a couple bad blisters after a race but it would be in just one spot not multiple ones. And it was from me trying to get out of transition with no socks too. So now every race I do, I take the few extra sec. to put on some socks and I don't get the blisters at all unless I'm in a new shoe thats not broken into all the way. Thanks so much for posting this picture, I can definetly relate to the pain (esp. when its raw and you take a shower-brings tears to my eyes its so painful) and somehow I feel better knowing I wasn't the only one who has experienced such bad blisters after a hard race. And thanks for all the updates on your blog, it keeps me motivated to keep training and racing.
-Melissa Sylvia, G'ville, FL
(I have a blog too-its http://melissasylvia.blogspot.com)
Its not as cool as yours though :)

9:07 PM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

All I have to say is -- OUCH! Oh, and Congrats on Saturday's race!

9:30 PM

 
Blogger Kolla said...

Holy cow.... it hurts just looking at your poor feet!
Hope you heal up quick, great job racing!!

9:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called Skin Lube. Put it in your shoes where it's giving you problems. I no longer get blisters.

The End.

1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home