Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Crimson Tide

The drive from Florida to Alabama (via the back roads) was a beautiful trip! We had 9 hours of wildflowers out the windows. The Crimson Tide was impossible to miss...the rolling hills were covered with bright red flowers, which look like a 'rolling tide'. If you are confused with the reason for this observation and explanation, I'll just say that I was also confused for quite a long time. The University of Alabama (here in Tuscaloosa) has a cheer of "Roll Tide", they are the "Crimson Tide" and their mascot is an elephant...yeah, I didn't get it either. But, I finally got an answer for the crimson when Dustin told me it's from the red flowers covering the hillsides around this area.
Other than that side note, my Dad and I departed DeLand at 7:20am and pulled into G-Ville around 9am. I hopped into the pool for a nice 3000 meter swim in the outdoor long course pool (fun in the sun) and then visited with Dustin for about five minutes before we were back on the road. We stopped in one of the many small towns along the route for lunch (Subway, fast and nutritious) and a few gas fill ups. Before 6pm, we pulled into the Hampton Inn, unloaded, and found the Panera for dinner. It's off to bed for me so that I can get some important shut-eye before training on the course tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home