Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Packing Up

My final day in Tucson is turning out to be very similar to my first day (completely full of training). We started off this morning with a tough swim practice at the U of AZ pool...now that the men have brought home the NCAA Championships, I'm soaking up all the 'Champion' vibes (or is that just chlorine?).
Tim and I rocked a great 5k workout this morning and then we headed off to the Bally's gym for some strength and weights. I have to admit that I spend most of my time in the Bally's "people-watching." There are quite a few interesting characters that distract me from focusing on my own workout...like the guy today on the treadmill in his pajamas or the women busting out splits on the stretching mat.
I got back to the hotel, hung up my wet swim stuff, grabbed my hat and glasses, and got a ride down to the 'wash' to do my mid-day jog. It was a great sunny day and I enjoyed my last few moments of training in a different scenery. There is just nothing else like this arid, cactus filled, cloud-less state.
By the time I got back to the hotel, it was time for lunch. I cooked up some leftovers in my kitchen and was enjoying the feast when my brother called me from the Phoenix airport. He is on his way from Florida to California to take a tour of all the graduate schools that have accepted him into their Aerospace Engineering program. The finalists are Irvine, Stanford, USC, and Cal Tech.
Now I'm just killing time before my mid-afternoon massage. I think I'm going to ask for a pretty deep tissue massage on my legs (they've got some knots/kinks that I would like to make disappear) and then go for a chill 90 minute bike ride to spin out everything that the massage digs up. I had to find someone to go on the ride with me (Dave has volunteered) because I have no idea where I am and what direction to start riding.
Afterwards, it will be time to box up the bike and bag up my gear. Tomorrow morning I've got a flight out of Tucson at 8:40am and I will be traveling all day back to Orlando.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home