Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Dustin's NCAA Recap

As of 15 minutes ago, my brother's NCAA Swimming career is officially complete!!
Congratulations to Dustin on a great four years as a Florida Gator!
He just finished swimming the 1650 freestyle at the NCAA championships in Seattle, Washington with a great performance (just off his amazing swim at SEC's last month) of 15:22. He also swam the 400 IM yesterday (3:49) and the 200 IM on Thursday (1:49). Unfortunately, he JUST missed scoring in the 400 IM...he was 17th in the prelims and the top 16 come back to swim at Finals.
BUT...I am still very proud of all that he has accomplished and just to compete at the NCAA's is a dream that many collegiate athletes never experience. I have talked to him a few times on the phone and he has sounded upbeat and happy to be at the meet. The Gators are having a strong showing even though they are on the other side of the country and out of their element in the cold, rainy, and cloudy state of Washington.
Tonight is the conclusion of the meet and it looks like the University of Arizona might bring home the men's trophy to complement their women's victory last weekend. I'm just hoping that it's something in the Arizona pool water so that I might be able to soak up a bit of their success during my training sessions in their facilities this week:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home