Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, March 14, 2008

My Attempt at Swimming

I just got home from the Orlando Aquatic Center where I swam the 200m freestyle as the lead-off leg of the Daytona Beach Swimming relay. It was a lot of fun...I got to see and watch Ryan, Vipa, Tina, and a bunch of other Daytona, Clermont, and Gator swimmers compete in the prelims.
Unfortunately, my swim wasn't the most amazing thing...I went a 2:09...but I've got a bunch of reasons why I could swim faster: I wasn't wearing a race suit, just a practice suit; I had no competition, our relay was in heat 1; etc, etc. I could go on and on but who the h*ll wants to read about that?
I felt pretty good and I sure was hurting on the last 50! I think my comment when I climbed out of the pool was "Now I remember why I quit this sport!" How in the world can two minutes of effort produce so much lactic acid?!?! My 50 splits were: 30, 32, 33, 32...so at least I still know how to pace a race, just at a completely different pace than I used to be at:)
On another note, my Mom is home and upstairs on the couch watching TV. She was released from the hospital around noon (when I was warming up to swim in Orlando) and was happy to get home, lie in the sun on her new lounge-chair, climb into the house and up all the stairs, take a nap in her bed, take a shower, watch TV, pet the cats, eat normal food, etc.
The current weather situation in Delightful DeLand is CLOUDS and RAIN. Yucky, yucky. I have decided to devote the rest of this afternoon to updating my new computer. I've got my flash-drive out and I'm going to spend a few hours copying photos, music, and files from my old, crappy computer onto this new, sweet machine! I've also got some emails to write, a post-race press release to compose, and travel plans to research and plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home