Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hospital Update

I've been spending a few hours every day with my mother in her hospital room. The initial visit on operation day was horrible. Yesterday, was a bit better and we visited in the morning and evening.
Today, after eating breakfast at home, Dad and I went for another visit. She was feeling MUCH better today...because she actually got some sleep last night...and we cheered her through some great rehab. With the assistance of a walker, she walked down the hall to the nurse's station and back, into the bathroom, and then sat down in a comfy chair instead of getting right back to the bed (after 2 days, I would be sick of lying down too:).

She has requested that we bring her crutches this evening so that she can get some practice with them before arriving home to climb the steps and stairs in the house. I was also happy to see her eat some solid foods and drink quite a bit of juices and Gatorade...bananas and grape juice seem to be her favorite choices of the moment (not much different than when she is at home).
I've been carrying my new, tiny, laptop into the hospital and getting some good free wireless Internet. Yesterday, Dustin and Mom talked via Skype and he was able to see her all bandaged up on the bed. After they finished talking, he was off to see a performance by The Blue Man Group at the O'Dome in Gainesville. On a side note...Spring Break at UF is probably not the best time to do a performance (any type of performance) because the entire town is a ghost-town...but the benefit was that Dustin and his roommates and teammates were able to get good, cheap tickets very easily and enjoyed a great show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home