Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Total Knee Replacement Surgery

At 10am this morning, my active, fit, out-doors-y mother was admitted to the hospital for total knee replacement surgery on her left leg! We have heard from the hospital that she is out of surgery and in the recovery room...but in LOTS and LOTS of pain.
My heart is breaking because there is nothing I can do to help. Family can't even go into the recovery room. As soon as they have the pain under control and she will be moved to her private room (where she will remain for the next two nights/three days). Dad and I are waiting by the phone for the call that says we can come visit.
Dustin surprised her by coming down from Gainesville on Monday and stayed until she headed off to the hospital this morning. (He has since driven back up to UF to make afternoon practice.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kolla said...

Holy crap - I didn't know it was that big of an operation! Please give your mom all my best and I hope she gets back to her normal self quickly. I'm sure the hospital is taking very good care of her - and she's a tough cookie. I'm sure she will have the staff running laps and doing push-ups before too long :)

9:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home