Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Exhausted Already!

One day in Tucson and I’m already exhausted!! No kidding, after a VERY long day of traveling yesterday, I was awake early this morning (6am) and haven’t relaxed until now.
I started by putting my bike together and making sure everything was in working order. Our first activity of the day was cycling so I needed to be prepared. Everything went together easily until I realized that I had to search through my bike box for one tiny skewer spring and one small screw from my aerobars…that only took an extra 20 minutes:)
Around 6:15am I headed over to the lobby building for breakfast. It was a GREAT spread, not just a coffee and Danish bar that some hotels provide…we had yogurts, granola, cereal, milk, fruit, oatmeal, waffles, bacon and eggs, hard boiled eggs, toast, bagels, peanut butter, jelly, AND the Danish spread and coffee bar! I was able to eat my typical meal and gathered enough food to take back to my room for lunch. At this rate, I’m not going to have to spend a fortune of money on food. Free breakfast and lunch, can’t beat that!
At 7:30am we rolled out of the parking lot with the OTC van following closely behind. Everyone tossed their run gear in the van along with extra water bottles because this was a bike/run brick session. I had a great time on the warm up ride taking in the sights of Tucson. The mountains were off in the distance (very beautiful) and the cacti were huge. About 30 minutes down the road, it ended at a park of hiking trails. We set up a transition rack in the parking lot, warmed up a bit, and then started the workout.
We didn’t use the park trails, just the road for both biking and running (to minimize any tripping on rocks/roots). I was grouped up with Tim and Joe and the other group was Jules, Bec, and Cliff. We did three bike/runs (decreasing in duration each time) and I had a great time! It was hard, it was fast, and I was glad when we finished the last one and got to ride home easy.
There was a short break for us to grab lunch and get our swim stuff together before we piled into the vans and headed to the U of Arizona pool for a 1 pm swim practice. Before today, I had never been to the UAz pool and I’m glad to report that it’s a very nice 50m x 25y facility. It was nice to see it set up long course because I’ve been doing too much short course lately. Cliff gave us a great 5000+ workout and Tim and I rocked the main set on a good interval (2x400, 3x300, 4x200).
We weren’t done yet…after swimming we put on our workout gear and drove down to the Bally’s Fitness gym for a 30 minute strength session. I wasn’t very enthusiastic but I went through the whole routine. I was more looking forward to 5:30 when we were heading down the street to Chuy’s for a group Mexican dinner! After a great evening with friends, laughter and good food, I stopped at the grocery store for some staple foods (carrots, cottage cheese and a large bag of peanuts:) . Now I’m just taking care of my computer obligations before crawling into bed for an attempt at recovering before another huge day of training!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home