Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Humidity is Here!

There is nothing like traveling for a whole day from Tucson back to DeLand. Trying to be productive in a hot and crowded airport or in a tiny airplane seat is nearly impossible so I just made the most of my 12 hours of traveling by watching movies, walking around the terminals, and taking naps.
Big thanks to my Mom for picking me up at the O-Town airport late Tuesday night. We had fun chatting on the way home; catching up on each other’s activities during the past week. She has started attending a tri-weekly physical-therapy program to strengthen and rehab her new knee. Karen is now K2.0!
My Dad and Brother are out in California for the week, touring graduate schools and visiting family in the area. According to Dustin, he had a great time at Irvine…met some professors, visited with some of the swimmers, toured the area, etc. I think I asked him to take lots of PHOTOS about 10 TIMES…hopefully he can remember! Currently, they are driving up the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway), taking in the sights, touring castles, and visiting some of my Dad’s family. I think tomorrow they stop at Stanford for another round of meetings before heading back to Florida on Saturday.
I’m just trying to survive the last round of insanely intense workouts that Cliff has on my schedule. I am really looking forward to seeing the taper week…but I know that I’m still 16 days out of the Trials race so I might be getting a bit ahead of myself. 16 days still leaves plenty of room for speed-work, intervals, intensity, etc. Especially for those of us that are true ‘distance’ athletes and don’t need too much recovery/rest (yikes, I’m having flash-backs to my college swimming days)!
Yesterday and today were both ‘triple’ training days…swim, bike, AND run workouts squeezed in around the important stuff like sleeping, napping, cooking, eating, emailing, TV-ing, etc. The only bonus is that I actually look forward to the days when I only have a swim practice on my schedule (I’ve given up looking for the completely ‘off’ days:). So with one workout tomorrow, I’m planning on actually doing something…maybe a horse-back-ride…do some more wood-working…plant an herb garden…hummmm, the possibilities are only as endless as my energy levels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home