Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Chicago (The Musical)

Last night, my Mom and I went over to the Peabody Theater in Daytona to watch the traveling Broadway production of Chicago. It was a great show with beautiful singing and dancing. It's hard to watch a stage production of ANY musical after you have watched the movie version. I was comparing every character to their movie counterpart..."Oh, that's Catherine Zeta-Jones, that's Renee Zellweger, Richard Gere, etc." No matter, the stage characters were all fantastic and it was a pleasure to watch such talented (and limber) dancers.
My entrance to the show was a bit hurried, thanks to a killer afternoon swim practice in Port Orange. I take off my watch for swim practice so I had no idea what time it was until I was out of the shower and getting dressed. That was when I realized that I had a little over an hour to drive all the way home, change, grab dinner, get in the car with my Mom, drive back to Daytona, and get in the door before the show started. There is NOTHING you can't do without a little adrenaline pumping through your veins! And thank goodness for frozen dinners that just pop into the microwave while you are getting dressed and can be eaten on the road:).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home