Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day

I just got back from the Sunday morning group ride that goes from downtown COS to the Air Force Academy. It was a beautiful, crisp morning and I had a great time being back on my bike in Colorado...that is, until we started going hard and climbing hills...then I realized that I hated the fact that I was back on my bike in COS and wishing for an oxygen tank!
The warnings I got on Thursday and Friday about snow in Colorado turned out to be no big deal. There was not a spot on the ground by the time I landed at noon on Saturday and by Sunday morning it was already in the mid-60s. I think I actually timed this trip perfectly, that was probably the LAST snow of the season.
Not that it matters, because I'm actually moving out of the OTC! Yep, I've got boxes and bags and piles of stuff scattered all over my room and I'm just trying to decide what to do with everything. Here are the options that I have come up with so far: 1) purge everything that isn't critical and mail the rest home in a dozen heavy/big boxes; 2) have a 'yard sale' here at the OTC to partly make up for everything that I'm getting rid of (I have to make sure that is allowed on campus); 3) just GIVE everything away to friends and other residents here at the OTC; 4) box up most of my belongings and rent a storage space until I come up with a better plan; 5) call all the moving companies in the area and find a truck/van going to Florida that has some space for my things; 6) rent the storage space until this winter when I have 'down time' to fly out here, rent a U-Haul, and drive myself home.
The list goes on and on and I'm no closer to a final decision. I've got until Monday the 12th when I am heading home to solve this latest life crisis. Right now, I'm just working on the packing and purging part of the problem...and my large shoe collection seems to be the hardest undertaking!
Fortunately, I've got friends and family to help me come up with the best decision...and I've got other things, like TRAINING and having fun, to focus on for part of my COS visit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen in Budapest said...

I say go the easiest route....including getting rid of things and maybe yard sale but yard sales can be a lot of work.

I bet it's going to be great to be in the warmer Floridian weather. :D

I'm wishing you all the best in 2008...D

1:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home