Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's Official!!

As of 5:00pm on July 14th, 2008...Sara McLarty is a HOME OWNER!
Oh my goodness! I own a house! In Clermont, Florida of all places!
My Dad and I drove down to an attorney's office yesterday afternoon to sign all the paperwork. I thought I was going to be walking away with the keys...but they are still just hanging out in the lock-box at the house (I know the code:) so I will pick them up soon (and then get them changed ASAP!).
Now my list of house-related 'Things To Do' can officially commence.
Actually, they've already started, thanks in large part to my family. My Mom has already built shutters and doors for all my windows and sliding-glass-doors. My Dad has already repainted the wrought-iron dinning room and living room set. My Brother has already promised me all his furniture in Gainesville as soon as he is done living there.
As for me, I've just started SHOPPING! Yep, that's what I'm good at so I might as well get started! Lets see...new toilet seats, new kitchen faucet, garden hose, cleaning supplies, cooking supplies, flatware...I've become addicted to online sales and packages are about to start arriving every day.
I am planning to make a trip over to my house some time this week and start dropping off some of the furniture, boxes, supplies, etc. that I have been stocking up in preparation for this move. I admit, in this case, it is a good thing I drive an SUV, Dustin drives an SUV, Mom drives and SUV, and Dad drives a truck...we should have plenty of room! Eventually, we are going to borrow a friend's trailer (thanks Cheryl & Charlie) to tow Dustin's gear from G-ville to Clermont. Hope it doesn't rain on that day!
Speaking of rain...we got DRENCHED today. Ol'McLarty's Farm is soaking wet and loving every drop! It's actually still drizzling as I write this post...still going since 3:00pm when it started as a torrential downpour (I was afraid more trees were going to come toppling over!).

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Congrats, you have lots of good times ahead.

Sounds like you have an army of helpers, you should be ship shape in no time.

Best of luck.

-Brian and Emily MacDonald

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home