Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

New Records

As I get ready to go to bed for the night, (I've got a hard 3+ hour group ride that requires a 6:00am wake up call), I am reviewing a few things that happened today. First, I set a new personal record at the gas pumps this morning. On my way home from swim practice I stopped to fill up a near empty tank and racked up an impressive $74.01 charge! That's my first time in the 70s! I think it was $4.03 per gallon and I wasn't going to find anything cheaper around here because of all the tourists/spectators in town for the BIG weekend.
What BIG weekend you might ask? Well, that would be the wonderful NASCAR race this evening over in Daytona Beach...the 400 at night. By the way, it's no longer the "Pepsi 400"...and it's not the "Coke 400" either...it's the "Coke ZERO 400" to be exact! Come on!
Speaking of the NASCAR event, that's how I set my second personal record of the day. My parent's returning flight from the Omaha Olympic Trials arrived about 30 minutes ago. I drove over to the DAB airport to pick them up and that required driving right by the track (airport is conveniently situated 200 meters from the track). I can say with 100% certainty that tonight was the closest I have EVER been to a live NASCAR event...and I hope to never get closer:).
Now that some more family is back on the farm, it's back to life as usual. Dad and I are heading to Windermere to ride in the AM and I should be getting some shut-eye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home