Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just Keep Swimming!

The Swim is Back!!
New triathlon course maps are up online and we are officially doing a swim-bike-run competition in West Des Moines this weekend!
Right now, I am heading out for a morning run, then showering, loading up my car, and heading to the airport around 12 noon for my 2:15pm flight. I head up to Chicago first and have to sit though a four hour layover before flying on to Des Monies. That results in a slightly late arrival, after 9pm, but I will just catch a ride to my hotel (where my roommate, Julie, will have already checked in) and go to sleep!
The start-list has been updated online and I am shocked to see that there are only 31 women in the race! The last time I looked, two weeks ago, it was over 40. I'm pretty sure that a couple women have pulled out due to the threat of the duathlon...while others are just focusing on the big Beijing race in a few months. Yours truly is number 24...pretty close to the back. This is probably due to the fact that I have not scored a single ITU point this year and my ranking just keeps on sinking. Oh well, no better time than the present to get that ranking floating again:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home