Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Clean Water, Please

"The swim, subject to water quality tests, will take place in Raccoon River Lake."
--Latest update regarding the possibility of the Elite race being a triathlon this weekend.

Guess who is very temped to find the person doing the 'water quality' test and offer them a HUGE bribe?!?!
Yes, me...I'm very tempted...but, instead, I'm just going to continue getting ready for my trip to Des Moines. Did you know that it's very hard to pack with all your fingers crossed and re-crossed:)? Anyways, whatever happens, happens.
Fortunately, it seems that some of the rain that kept dumping in the Midwest has finally made it's way down to Central Florida. We've had some small amounts of precipitation fall on the yard for three days straight! Nothing to get too excited about...we need about 10x as much each day for the next month to recover what we are missing. Maybe the approaching hurricane season will help.
Now that summer is here, and all the local school kids are out of school, DBS swimming has moved to morning practices. This requires a 6am wake-up and departure from the farm if I want to make it to the pool before the entire warm-up is over. I've got to admit...this really sucks! I must have gotten very, very used to the afternoon schedule which allowed me to sleep in every morning before starting my training program.
Man, I get home from the pool at 9am and, without fail, I am back in bed for a 60 minute recovery nap. I'm recovering from the insane amounts of yardage (actually, it's 'meterage' now because we get Long Course every day) and the lack of sleep caused by these early sessions. At least I'm not having as hard of a time as one of my teammates...he fell asleep at the wheel this morning for two seconds and ran into a cement barricade/wall along the side of the road! He managed to slide the side of his truck along the wall for a few feet before making a full and safe recovery...well, he's safe, his truck is going to need to spend a few days in an auto-body-repair shop!
As for the rest of my day, I'm waiting for the prime time between the rain showers and the hottest part of the day to do my bike session. I have been training on my Time Trial bike all week because I was too lazy to rebuild my road bike after I got home from Vancouver. Since I am heading out to Des Moines tomorrow, it looks like it will never get built! Personally, I see nothing wrong with this...as long as my race bike still functions correctly when I finally do rebuild it on Friday, at my hotel in West Des Moines:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home