Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

60/40

The current prediction on the likelihood that the Hy-Vee race will be a triathlon (versus a duathlon) is 60/40. On Friday they were 50/50. I just heard that the waters have receded enough that the start/finish beach is visible on the lake (not sure what lake that was referring to, but I don't care...as long as it's a lake with water)!
I got a bit ahead of myself this weekend, assuming that there was no chance we would be swimming this weekend, and canceled my Dad's flight to Des Moines. He was going to fly there on Saturday morning after he finished his Grand Canyon trip and watch me race on Sunday. Well, now he's just flying straight home from Las Vegas, no stops in Des Moines, and he'll have to watch from the computer.
Although I will miss my Dad and his support and cheering in Des Moines, the sliver lining is that I can offer the spare bed in my hotel room to Julie S-E. Her hotel booking got screwed up (probably water in the computer or something) and all they could offer her was a smoking room. I've kept my reservation in downtown Des Moines and made a booking in West Des Moines so I will be ready for whatever final decision is made in regards to the Elite race site.
I just checked on the weather for race-weekend. I've been training in Central Florida with the goal of being able to withstand any overly hot or humid race conditions that I come across this season. It seems I will be good-to-go in Des Moines because the highs are only predicted to be in the low 80s. Our highs this week in Florida are in the mid-90s (with a "RealFeel" of 100+)! BRING IT ON...just a long as we start in the water:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home