Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Race Day

The U23 women are outside on the course...in the freezing rain! I'm watching the online race video of Jasmine in a breakaway group of 3 girls. Looks like they will have to sort out the podium places on the run...I've got my fingers crossed that Jasmine can nab the GOLD! Go Jaz!
I am considering getting dressed in a few warm layers of clothing and heading out to the course to cheer for Jasmine and Justine (we only have 2 American women in this race). I do need to do a light warm-up jog before my race...I just have to decide if I want to brave the wetness right now or hope that it clears up in a few hours.
Other than that, I'm very excited to get on the starting line for MY race...5 hours from now at 1pm West Coast time. The water temperature is 11.2 degrees Celsius, the air temp is 10, I am number 56 in the Elite Women's race (that's what happens when you don't race the whole first half of the year), the swim is 2 laps, the bike is 8 laps, the run is 3 laps, there are 6 American women in the Elite race. How's that for a couple of numbers to absorb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home