Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Home, Literally

I got back from Vancouver last night. Traveled ALL day...left the hotel at 6:30am, to the YVR airport, through Chicago, down to Orlando, and then back to DeLand. It was a long day but it was the shortest and easiest way to end the trip. I needed a day of recovery and what better way than to spend it eating crap food in airport lounges and sleeping in a straight-back chair for five hours?!?!
Anyways, World Champs went okay...not what I was hoping for (who hopes for 40th place?) but if the end result was that an American was on the podium (Sarah Haskins nabbed the silver medal) then I guess I successfully completed the job that I was put on Team USA to do. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...two slow wheels back from the breakaway when it happened at the top of the hill on the second lap. I am very mad and very upset and I wish that things could have happened differently. So, instead of getting pissed during the race, I made the most of the situation and kept the insanely fast runners out of reach of our American off the front!
One day, I really, really, really, really hope that I can be in the other position. (You know, winning MEDALS and $$$!) But, I've got a lot of work to do until I get there. Until then, I will continue to train hard, try to stay injury free (not as easy as I previously thought), learn from experience, and spend $$ I don't have!
Sara's House Hunting Update: I'm closing on July 9th!!
Yep, I just got back from an afternoon trip to Clermont. I met with my Realtor and agreed on the counter-offer. I met with my Mortgage Consultant and signed a mountain of paperwork to get the mortgage. I went and saw the house again...and I still LOVE it.
It is the perfect size with a huge master suite and two little guest bedrooms. Nice kitchen that is in working order. Big living/dining area in the middle with glass doors into the back yard. The yard will be a future project...it needs some landscaping and maintenance...and a screened in deck/porch that my family might help me build (okay, they will build it, and I will help:). Photos to come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home