Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wish I Was In Omaha

I can't believe that I wasn't in the Quest Center to watch Dustin ROCK in the 400IM. He had an amazing swim, finished 6th in the USA at the Olympic Trials, and swam a personal best time (4:18)! I was able to watch the race live on NBC (even though90% of the race was focused on those two other swimmers) and get updates from my parents via cell phone...but it was nothing like being there to scream and cheer in person!
Dustin swam the 200 Fly today. He was right on his best time this morning in prelims but it wasn't good enough to make the Top-16 for semifinals. I talked to him as he was heading back to the pool to watch finals tonight and he is looking forward to another day off tomorrow (Wed.) and then he will be ready to rock again in the 200IM on Thursday.
Anyways, I'm here taking care of the Farm, feeding the animals, answering the phone, petting the cats, training my @$$ off, napping, cooking, visiting my Grandma, calling friends, etc. It stinks to miss the Omaha event, but I can catch the highlights on TV every night (don't forget to tune in at 8pm to USA on the weekdays and NBC on the weekends:).
My only consolations are that I am able to accomplish training and work that I would probably not focus on if I were to be in Omaha for a week. Take today for example: 6:00am wake up, drive to PO for swim practice, rock out 5K with the kids, hop on the treadmill, rock out a 75 minute interval session, drive home, cook some lunch, walk over to G-ma's, chow down together, listen to Dustin's race via live updates on the cell phone from my Dad, take a LONG mid-day nap, climb on my bike, ride 75 minute easy while measuring out 10Ks for tomorrow's bike intervals, cruise home, take care of the animals, do some laundry (pheeeewy!), fix dinner, and chow down in front of the TV while watching more amazing swimming in Omaha!
Something similar to that awaits me tomorrow...I should get some sleep:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home