Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Heater and Hot Cocoa

I'm sipping a fresh cup of hot cocoa (whipped cream included) and the house-heater is cranking away! It's officially COLD in Central Florida tonight! I can't wait to wake up tomorrow at 5:30am and coach on the pool deck from 6-7:30am...parka, jacket, sweatshirt, and a few layers under that will probably be the only way I will survive!
That, and the promise of breakfast at Panera Bread afterwards! Yummy! Koren and I are meeting there and then heading to O-Town for a combination of Whole Foods shopping trip-massage-Doctor's appointment. We are both participating in Whole Food's experience (I can't get enough of that place), Koren is getting the massage, and I'm going to the doctor's office for my foot.
I was actually in downtown Orlando on Sunday night (with Koren again) for a movie night. I reverted back to a 13-year-old-girl for a few hours and watching the Twilight movie (vampires, teenage romance, etc). It was hilarious (anyone else laugh ever time 'Jasper' was on the screen?), romantic, well filmed, and a complete waste of $$! 9.50 for a movie ticket...plus the 30 minute drive to the closest theater at Universal, plus the tolls to get there?? Dang, we need that Clermont movie theater...ASAP!
Other than the random driving all over Florida that I have been doing lately, I've actually been training pretty well. Sunday AND today played host to three-hour-bike-rides...wind and chilly air included both times. Hills and sore legs also made an appearance both times. Swim practice has been fun for the past two weeks because the kids are getting ready for the Gator Swim meet this weekend. TAPER TIME! I've been attempting to sprint...but the three-hour-rides kinda ruin any fast-twitch muscles that I might have dreamed of having. The kids head up to Gainesville on Thursday night which leaves me in the pool solo...self-motivation has never been my strong suit!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home