Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Dustin & Misty ESCAPED!!!

Yesterday (Sunday) morning was the 2009 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon! I haven't been back to race this one-of-a-kind event since 2006...never fits into the schedule...but I was able to live it vicariously through Dustin and Misty!
This was officially Dustin's second race as a professional...and he had a great showing! Second out of the water, strong on the bike (even with a broken seat...don't ask), and solid on the run for 17th place in the Male Pro Division! I can't say 17th 'overall' because he finished right behind the women's overall champ:)
Congrats Dustin! Check out his race photos here!! I love the GATOR tri suit that he sported and the big Gator Chomp across the finish line:) Since I saved him the $350 entry fee into the race, I can sorta feel like I came across the line as the second woman...thanks Duster!

Dustin is somewhere in this photo...all the men and women pros get to line up along the railing and dive into the water (for a fair start).

He's somewhere in this photo too...looks like the men are in yellow caps on the far side.
Misty also had a great race...sporting a totally awesome pink & black Speedo racing suit provided by yours-truly! Check out all her race photos here! She finished 4th overall in her age group...with the 80th fastest swim of the day! Yep, I'm her swim coach:) (And she was wearing the amazing Orca Alpha wetsuit...also provided by yours-truly!)
So, through a plane ticket, an entry fee, one wetsuit, a pink race suit, swim coaching, sibling relationship, and friendship...I was basically AT the race:)
Man, I can't wait to get back there FOR REAL...hopefully in 2010! Fingers crossed:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home