Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hello from Tokyo

What’s up dudes and dudettes?! I’m sittin’ in the Tokyo Airport Hotel charging up my computer and watching the only English channel on TV (CNN). I’ve been awake for 22 hours, most of them spent on a plane over the Pacific Ocean. I caught a few movies on the flight: half watched Harry Potter 3 (because I’ve already seen it a few times), laughed a bit during The Family Stone, and enjoyed Memoirs of a Geisha (5 hours after I purchased the book in the airport!!).
Arrival in Tokyo was uneventful…I met up with my teammate Joe Ump. and we caught a bus to the domestic Japan airport. That’s the reason I’m in a hotel right now…the flights in-bound to Tokyo and out-bound to Ishigaki DON’T match up so we are all forced to have an over-night layover. I arrived at the international airport at 4pm on Wednesday…rode the bus for 1 hour…sleep in the hotel for the night…then fly out of the domestic airport at 6:30 Thursday morning.
Thanks to all my friends and family who sent “Good Luck” wishes in reply to my first Press Release e-mail. If you didn’t receive an e-mail describing my trip to Japan this weekend…send me your e-mail address and I can keep you posted on my worldly travels and race results (send to: sara7411@hotmail.com). I took the idea from a suggestion by Barb Lindquist (my triathlon idol) as a way to keep my friends, family, colleagues, acquaintances and sponsors up to date!
I must say that the bed is calling my name and my eyelids are getting really heavy…talk to you again from Ishigaki, Japan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home