Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, August 07, 2006

I Just Want Sleep!!

We finally decided to watch the free movies on HBO and TBS last night, saved me a bit of money, and finally turned out the lights around 11:30. I was so tired from training, driving, and recovering from the race….all I wanted was a solid 10 hours of sleep!
But I definitely didn’t get what I wanted! First, the hotel’s fire alarm went off at 3am for 10 minutes!! It was interspersed with a staff member telling us that it was an accident and we should stay in our rooms…the ridiculous part was the 10 minutes of letting the alarm continue to go off! So I finally got back to sleep…just in time for Manny’s phone to start beeping that the battery was low!! ARRRGGGHHHH! I finally made him find it and I plugged it into my charger (good thing all three of us have the same phones:). So I finally got back to sleep…just in time for my computer to start making some kinds of noises because it was updating or something. I was about to just give up on my goal of sleeping…but I easily fell back asleep. UNTIL…Manny’s phone started RINGING!!! At this point it was 8:30 am so it wasn’t really an ‘early’ phone call…but since we all still wanted sleep, I got up and hit the silence button for another 30 minutes of sleep!
Around 9am we were all ready to wake up and head out for some training. I had a great 50 minute jog into the town of Stratford, CT…it rained last night so it was quite humid, but also cool because the skies were still overcast.
On another note, Saturday after the race, I saw Talladega Nights, The Ballad of Ricky Bobby! HILLARIOUS!! I thought I would fall asleep in a movie because I was so tired after the race…but there was no thoughts of sleep for me, just lots of laughter:)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home