Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Gluttony

I'm finally pulling out of my food coma from Thursday night's excuse for eating until stuffed...and then having dessert! We had a yummy Thanksgiving dinner at the McLarty house...Dad cooked a juicy smoked turkey and amazing beer bread, Jan made a chestnut stuffing and cranberry sauce, I baked my yearly scalloped potatoes - a yummy butternut squash bisque - and some tasty green beans, Mom dished out a home grown citrus medley, Grandma baked an apple cake, and Dustin churned a home made ice cream!
I have no idea where I fit all the food that I ate, but it was fun to be with family and cook like mad! We finished off the evening by collapsing in front of the TV for a viewing of the Da Vinci Code...my opinion was: "Just read the book!"
It was a bit hard to stay awake through the whole movie even though I took a mid-day nap. My excuse is: I was awake at 6am to head over to Sperling Sports Complex to help registration at the Turkey Trot...and then I ran the whole 10 MILE Turkey Trot before breakfast! That's a long way down and back on Marsh Road...even though I took a detour at the .75 mile mark to run into the house for a bathroom-pit-stop (the line for the restroom at Sperling was a mile long and it wasn't like I was running for a big prize). I actually think my pit stop kept me from hurting myself like I did in last year's Turkey Trot...because I stopped for 5 minutes, I was not near the other people running my pace and I never felt like I was "in a race". Instead, I kept good form and cheered on all the people I ran past.
Today I got back to work on my cookie-baking-spree for the Children's Home Christmas presents. I've got to bake over 1000 cookies to fill the Christmas tins for each kid. Mom has chosen to tie-dye pillowcases and give each kid a new pillow and case. We are going to learn the 'official' way to tie-dye later this week...so I'll be more than ready when that fashion statement comes back 'in'!:)
So far, I've baked 6 types of cookies...regular chocolate chip and pecan; Christmas sugar; Cinnamon and sugar; white-chip brownies; pumpkin-pie spice; and Mom made sugar/pecan. I've got some Crunch Bars ready for my batch of Krispy's tonight...maybe tomorrow I'll find time for my Ying~Yang cookies and a ginger snap or butterscotch variety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home