Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Going Green (cont.)

After hanging out in a couple of great coffee shops/cafes in Vancouver last weekend, I came to the conclusion that I use way too many disposable coffee cups for my hot chocolate endeavors. I use them in the OTC cafeteria, when I go out with friends, when I travel, etc. So, to try and cut back on my contribution to garbage dumps, I was wandering in Target yesterday and picked up a really cute ceramic coffee mug. It's light blue and has 3 or 4 inspirational quotations written on the outside. I wanted a travel mug...something with a lid to minimize spillage...but none of them are microwaveable.
Anyways, the point is that I'm going to use this re-usable mug now as often as I can instead of the paper or Styrofoam cups. This is the latest SMALL step that I am taking to reduce my negative impact on the environment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Watching tricast now, thanks for the link - it's so much more fun when you have someone to root for!
Main reason though was to send you a link to this website: www.frogking.com - pretty cool, all about staying green :)

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home