Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, December 24, 2007

All Aboard!

The truck is completely packed. The rear end of a canoe and two kayaks are sticking out the tail gate. The front is jammed with coolers, luggage, games, DVDs and cooking appliances...leaving just enough space for my Dad and Brother to sit and drive to the marina. My Xterra is sagging under the weight of a full 4-bike rack on the back, a 24 inch Christmas tree (plastic), gifts, 2 coolers, 7 grocery bags full of food, more luggage and pillows...leaving just enough space for my Mom and I to drive to the marina.
We are waiting for my Aunt and Grandma to arrive...and I'm sure their car will be packed to the ceiling with their luggage, lunch foods, and whatever random paraphernalia they have decided to bring to stay entertained! As soon as they arrive, we will all depart in a huge caravan and head to our home for the next 3 days on the St. John's river. At least I have seen the boat and have full confidence that it is large enough to hold all the stuff we are packing...my Mom and Brother are sorta doubting it's size:)
Here is the 'Boat Schedule' that we will sorta follow for this adventure:
Monday
Depart Hontoon in the afternoon (SR 44)
Motor south to the confluence of the Wekieva River
Paddle kayaks up the Wekieva run
Set up for the night
Tuesday (Xmas)
Motor north to Blue Springs to arrive at 8:30 (a little south of SR 44)
Motor north to Alexander Springs confluence
Paddle kayaks up the Alexander run
Ride bikes off of SR 40
Set up for the night
Wednesday
Motor north to the Juniper Springs confluence
Paddle the Juniper run
Drive north to the Silver Glen springs
Ride bikes off of SR 19
Set up for the night
Thursday
Motor south for the marina
We will all be off-line for the next 3 days. There will be no new posts here on my blog and none of us can check our emails...but, I doubt that we will ever be out of cell-phone range (this is the St. John's river, not the Grand Canyon:) so if you would like to speak to any of the McLarty clan (or say "Happy Holidays"), don't hesitate to call!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home