Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Half My Age

LITERALLY! I got my butt kicked in the pool today by a girl who is HALF MY AGE! She is 12 years old and a phenom swimmer on the Fast Lane team. I was holding my own against her until a little past half way of the main set...then my arms suddenly decided to give out on me and refuse to pull through the water! It was a tough practice, almost 8000 meters of fast and long freestyle sets...the main set started with 400, 800, 1200, 800, 400 on 1:20 base followed by some fast 50s. I was pretty happy with my final 800 and 400 and ready to warm down and head home...not quite!
We came into the wall and Alec had the surprise second half of the workout on the board...200, 400, 600, 400, 200 on 1:17.5 base followed by some more fast 50s! It was somewhere in the middle of the second 400 that my body completely shut down and refused to listen to my brain:). I had just enough left in the reserve tanks to climb out of the pool and drive back to Koren's place where I scarfed some of my home-made veggie lasagna in front of the TV. We just finished Live Free or Die Hard...an extremely realistic movie, especially the part where Bruce Willis surfs on the tail of a fighter jet!
Tomorrow is my last day staying at Koren's place. I'm going to pack up all my stuff during the day and head home via the Wednesday night airport ride. I'm looking forward to another hammer-fest at the 'port...I hope I can hang on the pain-train for the whole ride!:) My last two rides have been more endurance oriented (75 miles on Saturday morning and another 75 miles on Monday morning) so I could use some FAST pace-line training in my repertoire.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
Nice swimming with (behind) you the last couple weeks. Very impressive. My daughter also said she REALLY enjoyed your talk with the Silver group Tuesday night. Take care and good luck.

Jerry (Grandpa!)

10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home