Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Good-Bye Hawaii...

...Hello Alabama!
It would shock some people but I have come to understand and accept last-minute changes within the world of USA Triathlon events.
I think I mentioned before that I would have to miss my 15-ish annual St. Anthony's Triathlon because I will be competing in the second Olympic Trials race in Honolulu on the same day. My family didn't register for the McLarty Relay because I wasn't going to be competing in St. Pete.
Now for the change-of-plans announcement...they just told us today that the Honolulu race didn't have enough funding but the city of Tuscaloosa, Alabama picked it up and is hosting our very important event in conjunction with the Collegiate National Champs.
So, on April 19th, I will be swimming, biking, and (hopefully) running in Alabama. I hope that means more of my family will be able to attend...it's not a $500+ plane ticket half-way across the Pacific!

1 Comments:

Blogger BreeWee said...

Alabama!? I know you are going to miss the beautiful Pacific Ocean! Hey, BEST of luck with that running, get going! We will be cheering LOUD for USA!

11:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home