Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Treasure Island and IronKids (Photos)

Listening to "The Star Spangled Banner" before the start of the 2007 Treasure Island Triathlon. (yes, Dave is picking his nose:)

"And they're off!!" The duathlon started at 12 noon on Saturday...we got nothing but clouds and rain ALL day long!

The lead women on the first run...6.5K, 40K, 10K...the only race I've ever been to where I'm THANKFUL that I couldn't start!
My camera and I were getting up-close-and-personal with the racers...resulted in some cool shots like this one of Yoni and Adam.

The race was always in the hands of these four women...left to right: Julie, Jill, Groff , Haskins.

Some kids come to IronKids like this...

...and some kids come to IronKids like this!!! One of my favorite aspects of this event is that ALL kids are welcome and everyone is praised!!

The IronKids' crew packing up the last race of 2007. This photo is proof for Neil that Dave actually DOES help with the manual labor!
And we are DONE! The season of six races was another success...22nd annual year of the series...and I hope to be involved again NEXT YEAR!

AnnMarie and I in the hotel parking lot before I caught my flight back to COS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home