Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, November 19, 2007

My Dad Is HERE!

I just flew back in from Phoenix. Got into COS around 6pm. The OTC shuttle picked me up right away and I got a ride back to the OTC. I had about an hour and a half to kill before my Dad's flight from Atlanta landed. Since I still wasn't finished packing...I took care of the last few things on my list (toiletries, pillows, etc) and took my bike box out to the Xterra.
The OTC dining hall is undergoing massive redecoration during the Thanksgiving week so it is completely closed. Instead of serving dinner, they are giving everyone $20 a night (for every night that you are in town) and I took my $$ downtown to Poor Richards for one last delicious meal before I drive home.
I timed my dinner perfectly so that when I finished eating and drove to the airport, my Dad's flight had just landed and he was walking out the door. I had talked up Josh & John's Ice Cream so much that we headed straight from the airport to the store. The first thing I look for whenever I walk in is "Pumpkin Pie" on their list of seasonal flavors...bummer, it wasn't on the board today!
But when I mentioned my sadness to the ice cream server...and he went over to the freezer and pulled out a secret gallon!! The perfect finish to my last day in COS for a long time! Of course, when I paid for our ice cream and handed over my Josh & John's punch card...I got the last couple of punches to fill up the card! So now I have a FULL punch card...and no chance to use if for another five or six months!
Anyways, it's VERY late for my dad (on Florida time) so we are going to get an early start on sleeping tonight so we can wake up early and get onto the road! I have decided that we will make a short detour in the morning because I really want to show my Dad the Garden of the Gods...especially as the sun is rising...before we officially depart COS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home