Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

An Athlete's Life

Imagine setting your alarm to wake up the next morning. You set it for the same time as you always do to get up and go to work.
Now, imagine knowing that there could be a knock on your door, ANY and EVERY day, long before your alarm goes off, by two people asking for a couple bottles full of your urine!
Yep, that's the life of an elite athlete...and that was my life this morning. I was woken up by the sound of knocking on my door and almost went back to sleep, but I thought I would at least check to see if there was a problem. To no surprise, there was the local drug-testing-officer standing outside my door...Darn, I had just sleep-walked to the bathroom an hour ago!
Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do, so I chugged a few cups of water, sat down for a few minutes, and then gave it my best shot.
15 minutes after they knocked on my door, they were leaving with my sealed urine samples (that is a VERY speedy time for a drug test...but that's because I've have been tested MANY times...and I have memorized the whole procedure).
And right as I closed the door behind them, my alarm started going off...perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home