Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

1 Successful Surprise Party!!

Finally...I can write about the SURPRISE ''Baby-Shower/Congratulations Party" that Jasmine and I organized for our Assistant-USA Triathlon Coach, Sharon Donnelly!
Basically, we had EVERYONE in on the surprise...and we pulled if off this morning after swim practice with a HUGE brunch in the Athlete-Service-Center room at the OTC! She had NO idea and we had everyone do their part for the party planning and supplies!
Thanks to all the guys who were in charge of the serving supplies (plates, napkins, spoons, etc). BIG thanks to the Raven's Nest coffee shop (and Thanks to Timmers who drove and picked up the drinks) for providing us with a big thing of coffee and another big thing of HOT Chocolate (my favorite!). Thanks to the Korteum's for letting Jas and I raid their kitchen last night to cook and prep all our food!
Here is a list of what our 'spread' included...
I baked three quiches (and I'm VERY proud of how successful they turned out...in taste and appearance!):

Jasmine made hummus and bruschetta to go on some Great Harvest Breads:


Sam McGlone (Miss 2nd place at Ironman) made a fruity-fruit salad.


Sarah Haskins made some mouth-watering chocolate cupcakes and blueberry muffins:



I threw together some fruit and yogurt parfaits with Jasmine's HOMEMADE granola:



Sarah Groff made a great sign for the room...we all stood under it when Sharon walked in:





I had such a great time putting this party together and I'm so glad that Sharon was completely surprised! It's fun to do something for someone else...I just like being in the background, doing all the organization (and cooking:)...and then let someone else be the center of attention!
We didn't end up with much left-over food...which was the goal! The stuff that was still around when we started cleaning up went home with people who have kitchens and no access to the never-ending-OTC-Cafeteria!



Dave, Tim, Branden, & Jarrod
(By the way, we were honored to have 2008 Olympian Jarrod Shoemaker in town for 2 days!)


Hunter, Matt, Matt, and Sharon (Bob in the background:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home