Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

My FIVE Star-Day

Today I topped my 4-and-a-quarter-star day by awarding myself FIVE stars!
1. 80 minute swim practice
2. 30 minute strength/weights/abs
3. 2.25 hour bike ride
4. 50 minute aquajog
5. 1 hour yoga/stretching!!!
Yep, five different training sessions today! It's called "putting time the bank" because my weekend is not going to be very conducive to training. Since I'm heading down to Austin, TX tomorrow for the IronKids race this weekend, I thought I would take advantage of a beautiful, warm day here in COS and get in as much training as possible. My arms are actually really tired right now and typing is kind-of a chore.
Anyways, it was a fun day...swimming with the team (although I did the whole workout by myself since I'm in half-way-decent swimming shape right now...meaning that my intervals are a bit faster than the group) and then riding out east in the sunshine with Justine and Sam McGlone (2nd at IronMan earlier this month) and then meeting a new resident mountain-biker at yoga class.
In other news, Colorado is going crazy lately with the Rockies playing in the World Series...I'm sorry, I still can't force myself to care about the GAME of baseball...so everyone and their mother's brother is in front of the TV right now watching Game 2.
Last night, during the slaughter of Game 1, I attended the "Colorado Springs Sports Hall of Fame 2007 Induction Ceremony" at the World Arena. Basically, it was another one of those 'perks' for being a resident athlete...the USOC purchased two tables at the dinner and had five tickets to give away to some athletes. I volunteered to go (they said it was $100 per seat so I was guaranteed GOOD food:) along with some of my triathlon teammates: Jasmine, Matt, Mike, and Sarah.
We got all dressed up and pretty and had a nice evening at the World Arena listening to a lot of boring speeches...until they did Amy Van Dyken's induction and she was a GREAT public speaker! Very witty and charismatic...I took some mental notes to use so I can improve my own public speaking ability. The food was average...bummer...but I had fun with my friends and it was another excuse to get out of the OTC! Here we are all dressed up at the end of the night:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home