Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Emotional Roller-Coaster

I had NO idea that traveling down to Cancun for the World Cup last weekend was going to be so emotionally tough for me. I knew all along that I was not going to be able to do the run or finish the race...but I thought "Who cares, I can practice racing and cheer for my teammates."
Well, I did those two things...I had a fantastic swim, I was very strong on the bike, and then I cheered for my amazing American teammates (women and men)...but after the race I was an emotional WRECK! I've never pulled out of a race until I've given it everything I have...and usually I don't get to pull out of the race...it's more like I've collapsed on the side of the road and I need drastic medical attention, therefor, disqualified from the race!
But standing on the side of the run course just emphasized the fact that I could not be out there running and finishing in the top-10 with all the other American women. All my anger and frustration was (and still is) aimed at my darn foot that doesn't want to cooperate and heal! Just the 300 meter run from the beach up the road to the transition area in Cancun aggravated it enough to put me back in Das-Boot...I thought I was finished with this darn thing and could start getting back into form.
NOPE...instead of starting to run I'm heading back to the OTC Doctor to discuss more treatment options...I'm talking to my special running coach for some advice...I'm asking an awesome therapist in West Florida if I can drive across the state to visit his offices...and I'm packing for another race this weekend!
YEP...you read that right...I'm heading over to San Francisco to do this all over again! Apparently I enjoy torturing myself and being upset...just kidding! It's kinda the same reason I went down to Cancun last weekend: I already paid for the hotel, flight, mini-van, race entry...plus, this is officially the end of the season for most all my friends so I couldn't possibly miss the PARTY after the race in a city like SAN FRAN! Look out for photos when I get back from this trip:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home