Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Nothing of Importance

I'm sitting here, trying to think of something worth writing about. But when you remove yourself from your normal life (like NOT going to practice for a week, or skipping parties, or spending hours in your room packing), there really isn't anything exciting to discuss.
I can give a quick update about my foot...I saw the Doctor yesterday, he read the results from my MRI on Monday, declared that I had an inflamed plantar fascia, and offered me a cortisone shot in my foot. At this point, I will do anything if I think it will help me get back in the game (I guess "race" is a better term for my sport than "game). If you told me that walking across hot coals would help my foot get better...I'd be starting the fire!
So, I had my first cortisone shot last night...right into the arch of my foot. It was only a bit painful at the moment (just a needle stick) but 30 minutes later when the numbing agent wore off, I was in my room with my foot elevated trying not to cry! It's an interesting thing, this cortisone...I was walking PAIN FREE just two minutes after the injection. It's basically just putting anti-inflammatory drugs right at the inflamed body part...so instead of swallowing a bottle of Advil over the course of a month, this goes directly to the problem area and saves me the destruction of my liver from the pills!
Unfortunately, it isn't an immediate fix...even though I'm tempted to start walking in my sneakers again (darn this boot), I still have to let my foot rest while the drugs do their work. So what's another two weeks of not running or walking when I've already been out of commission for two months?!?!
Cliff and Sam threw a fun end-of-the-season party last night. (Pizza, beer, & cookies!) Unfortunately, I spent all evening waiting in line for the Doctor so I got to their house two hours late. I rushed to get there immediately after receiving the cortisone shot. BAD IDEA! No one told me that the numbing agent would wear off so fast and I would be in tears...so instead of being a party-downer, I just got back in my car and drove home. I could tell that I was missing out on a good times with good friends...but I got full details this morning from Jasmine and this afternoon from Sam herself!
Speaking of Sam, she just dropped me off back here at the training center. We went downtown for a hot chocolate at Poor Richard's...just a fun hour of chatting and laughing:). I'm not going to see her (and the rest of the triathlete gang) until they get down to Florida for the Clermont training camp in January! We got back to the OTC with plenty of time for me to walk up to my room, write this blog, and get ready for my HOUR long massage that starts in 10 minutes! Got to go:)~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home