Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's News to Me

This email just came from Tri-Cal, the race organizers for the Treasure Island Triathlon I am competing in on Saturday........
An Important Announcement From Tri Cal:
We are aware of the oil spill in the San Francisco Bay. At this time, the San Francisco Police Department and Water Safety has determined that there is no oil in or around Pirates Cove, Treasure Island where the swim takes place. At this time, we have approval to swim in Pirates Cove. Please continue to check the website for updated information. We are planning to continue with our regularly scheduled events.

What oil spill?!? I guess I need to go check out the news and see what is going on in SF Bay! Scary, I hope it wasn't a big oil tanker or something that crashed or sank...we don't need any more environmental disasters in California for a while, they need to recover from the fires first!
On a more up-beat note, regarding the race in SF this weekend, I just got a call from a wonderful woman named Dixie. She is the Tri-Cal home-stay coordinator and she was calling to inform me that she has an available room at the Hyatt for Jasmine and I to stay in (free of charge)!! She asked if I wanted the room...or did I already have plans?
Ummm...the Hyatt on Fisherman's Wharf...I definitely don't have other plans and if I did, they are already canceled!
Thanks so much Tri-Cal for the sweet accommodations!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the spill on the news, and I cannot believe it can all be cleaned up! I would check into it some more before I went swimming in the Bay.

home health supplies

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home