Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving...Plan C

The McLarty Thanksgiving tradition is pretty basic and repetitive. My Aunt and Grandmother come over to our house and we give thanks before eating a lot of food. Let's call that 'Plan A' because it was what we always expected.
A few days ago, a note came in the mail from my Aunt...she invited all of us down to her place in Cocoa Beach to celebrate (and eat) Thanksgiving dinner at her house. After a little discussion and debating, we decided that it couldn't hurt to veer from our normal routine (and let someone else do the dishes at the end of the night:). So let's call that 'Plan B'.
Thanksgiving morning arrived and I continued as planned. First, I started with a 6am trip down the road to help out with the Alta Vista Sports Turkey Trot. Since I'm still not able to run (more on the 'foot' later), I just helped with the registration and the food set up before deciding that I stood around long enough and headed home.
I was the first to know something was amiss when I tried to drop off my Grandmother's newspaper on my way home. Side note: My Grandmother lives in a little pink house in the front of our property. I knocked and rang the door-bell but was unable to get a response...the whole house was dark and quiet. Since I am unfamiliar with her daily schedule, I assumed that she was just not awake yet.
We were all working in the kitchen a little later in the day when Grandma called and said that she was VERY sick (possibly the flu or maybe just food poisoning) and was going to be unable to attend Thanksgiving dinner with the family. My immediate response was to call my Aunt and suggest that she pack up her Thanksgiving feast and drive up here so that she could visit Grandma and we could be close-by if she got sicker. So that's how we got to 'Plan C'!
Everything worked out just fine...except for Grandma being sick...and we still had a fun afternoon of games and feasting at the Ol'McLarty Farm! Dustin brought out his camera for a few minutes to capture some of the edible creations before they were completely consumed (photos ASAP).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home