Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Treats and Yardwork

Check out my edamame salad I made last week! I took some ideas I'd acquired from the OTC cafeteria, some things I've read in cooking magazines, and some from online recipes. Basically, it's yummy edamame mixed with sweet corn, chopped olives, slices of onions, crumbled feta cheese and stirred together with some balsamic vinaigrette dressing! Give it a try...healthy and tasty!

So here we are, the McLarty family working in the yard. This was last Tuesday when my Mom, my Dad, and I laid sod for 4 HOURS. We were covering the new septic tank and drainage field that were installed right after Thanksgiving.

Here is proof that I actually WILL break a sweat and get my hands dirty:)! Check out the HUGE stack of sod behind me...we did 4 of those pallets with one short lunch break.

Okay, this is one of our garbage cans. And that is a huge metal wrench jammed into the side. The short story: my dad was trying to pull a pipe out of the ground with the tractor, a long rope, and a wrench. He thought it would be a good idea to stick something between the wrench and his head...in case something slipped.


So this could be the back of my Dad's head! Thank goodness for the trash can!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home