Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Chill Out!!!

Okay people...how often do you read the first sentence of a story and assume that it contains ALL the information that you need?!? Probably never, right?
Well, then why does EVERYONE think that I have quit my job/sport/passion of triathlon just because I wrote a blog titled "I Quit"???
Come on people...you just have to read about six sentences into the post to figure out that I'm actually NOT quitting...I have finally become re-motivated to train and I've been in the pool and on my bike for over a week now!
I hope that clears up any speculation and/or rumors that are circulating about my status as a professional triathlete. I'm sure that everyone was celebrating my 'quitting' because I'm such a dominate force on the international scene (hahaha) but can't you all see that I am a VERY sarcastic writer!?!?
Now, if everyone has taken their 'chill-pill', I would like to get back to the usual content of my blog posts, which is mindless dribble about my daily life as the one-and-only: Sara McLarty:)
My week at the Ol'McLarty's Farm is over (Wednesday to Wednesday) and I'm packing up my car and heading over to Clermont. I have been in touch with Koren (she is renting her spare bedroom to me for the month) and we are looking forward to meeting in person. I googled the local swim team that trains at the National Training Center in Clermont and got their swim practice times (5:00-7:30pm).
When I get over to the NTC for the first time, I have to figure out how much it's going to cost to use the facilities for a month. Some people are telling me it's like $30 per week (which is ridiculously cheap) so I will keep my fingers crossed. Along with the pool time, I will probably want to use the gym, treadmills, weight room, and yoga classes.
I've got my laptop computer packed and the next month of my blogs will probably come from a wireless cafe, with good hot chocolate, somewhere in Clermont!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is very good and inspiring. Just be careful what you write in the opening paragraphs.

Most people tend not to read past the first 15% of any published works: books, articles, blogs, etc.

On the other-hand, people love drama, so write what you are really feeling so readers like me keep coming back!

5:34 PM

 
Blogger Kolla said...

Would love to meet up with you for a cup of hot chocolate one day - I'm a fan of that stuff too!! Let me know when you are back in Delightful DeeeLand, there is a new coffee shop downtown that serves nice pastries and yummy drinks - my treat!!

8:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home