Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

High on Paint

Here's a suggestion...don't spend an afternoon inside a small bathroom painting the walls without some kind of air-flow going! Unless you really enjoy having a pounding headache for the rest of the evening! It's amazing the common sense things that just get tossed out the window when I'm on a mission...like the mission of getting rid of the horrible tan/beige walls in my house and covering them with bright, friendly colors (like Pale Apple 2).
Thanks to a lot of hard work by my Mom and I...all three 'guest' rooms are painted! The bathroom was a tough decision because there is a row of pink tiles on the bath-tub walls. I had to decide if I wanted my color scheme in there to be pink & green. Fortunately, I like those two colors together and that's all that matters:)

Other improvements planned for the guest bathroom are a few coats of crisp, white paint over the vanity cabinet. I usually would choose to leave anything that is already wood, as wood. But this thing has seen better days and we thought we would just try a coat of paint before tearing it out and replacing it.

As the afternoon turned into evening, my Mom was painting in the bathroom, I was prepping the walls of the master suite for painting, and my Dad was outside dealing with the garage door disaster! He spent the better part of two afternoons installing and connecting a brand-spanking-new opener to my garage door. Then, when he's finally at a point where it should open and close automatically...nothing happens. 30 minutes with customer service and still no resolution. Fortunately, after our daily trip to Lowes, where we picked up another (identical) opener, he found the broken piece, replaced it, and now I have an automatic opener hanging in my car!!

We were all too exhausted to continue working today but when I head over to Clermont tomorrow to commence painting Cassiopeia on the walls of my bedroom, I am very excited to open my garage for the first time from my car!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home