Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Training Camp, Day 2

SLO is beautiful! I love the fact that it might be the same temperature here as in Florida, but without the 100% humidity, training is just so much easier and much more pleasant (dripping onto your bike, bottles, bars and riding in soaking shoes is not what I consider fun). Anyways, Matt and I just got back to the rental house ('home base' for these 10 days) after a 3+ hour ride around the area. It was actually an 8:00am group ride leaving from the local bike shop, but only two other people showed up so it was quite personal and friendly. I wish I could tell you where we rode, but I was just following the leaders and making turns when I was instructed. I do remember CLIMBING a LOT…which did result in some pretty awesome descents…and seeing location names like El Camino Real, Morro Bay, and finally, signs for SLO again!

Matt's checking out the Tour Time Trial on TV right now and pretty soon we're heading into town to grab some lunch. The plan calls for another swim practice this afternoon around 4pm. I'm thinking up today's workout right now…but it probably won't be as intense as yesterday's! We bust out some sprinting speed yesterday afternoon to finish off one of my favorite workouts. I said we had to do a 100, from a dive, all out, before we were finished with the workout. Well, we dove in and I won by a mile…so Matty challenged me to another one! I'm no slouch, I took him up on that challenge and it was a much closer race on the second 100…we swam something like a 1:02 (keep in mind we were in a 25 meter pool)!

Now, the plan is to do the same workout again, next week, and see if we can both do better! I guess that will be the test to see if I succeeded as a training partner:)!

On a side note, of course there were some awesome views during today's ride but I inevitably left my camera at the house. I have nothing to share with you yet but I made a promise to myself (as I looked down from the top of a mountain on the rolling hills and the ocean in the distance) that I wasn't going to leave home without it again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home