Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Not Forgotten

I have not completely forgotten about this blog...now that I have another one going. I've just been too busy to put some thought into a post. The workout posts on the NTC Swim site don't take any thought...I just have to regurgitate the workouts I gave at the pool.
But, other than coaching, creating new blogs, and training...I've been completely swamped with work!
This Friday is the start of my first weekend-long triathlon training camp, hosted at the NTC. The total camp participant number is sorta small, but it will be more than enough for me to handle. After the 31 people on Thanksgiving weekend, I'm actually thankful for this small group. Especially since this is a 3 day camp and the participants are much more advanced than the kids and beginners that participated in November.
I am making a trip to the Orlando airport on Thursday afternoon to pick up one participant. One athlete is driving up from South Florida, one is already in town, and the fourth and final participant is driving over from West Florida.
Fortunately, the weather seems to be cooperating. I was on the pool deck this morning withOUT my parka for the first time in a month! Even with that said, I still chose to run on the treadmill for my workout...soft surfaces, controlled pace, no bumps/humps/cracks/turns or anything else that I could possibly hurt myself on!
I'm slowly regaining the general strength in my left leg. After 12 months of favoring it, and keeping most of my weight on my right leg, my balance is not 100%. All the little muscles that help control little movements and slight adjustments are weak. I totally feel it in yoga class when we are doing one-legged-balance-poses. I can stand like a mountain/tree/rock for as long as you want...as long as I'm on my right leg. Then we do the same thing on our left leg and I'm falling over before I'm even in the final position!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home